Tues, 10/21 RCG Read pages 73 - 78 in the Race Book.
Answer questions 1 - 6 on page 78.
LIT Choose a Harlem Renaissance artist to research for your project.
Wed, 10/22 LIT Read the 3 poems by Paul Lawrence Dunbar in your lit handout.
Answer the questions on the handout.
RCG Response to Family Histories.
Thurs, 10/23 RCG Read pages 79-89 in the Race Book.
Email me links to three examples of how race is used in advertising.
(Your examples can be stereotypical or fair representations, just be
prepared to explain why you chose them.)
Fri, 10/24 RCG Read the New York Times review of The Visitor at this link.
Answer the following questions:
1. How does Walter's character represent whiteness?
2. The title (The Visitor) refers as much to Walter as it does Tarek.
Describe how the title could relate to each man's characters.
3. How is Walter transformed by his relationship with Tarek and
4. Who is your favorite character and why?
5. What message does this film covey about immigration issues in
the United States?
6. In your opinion, how should the nation respond?
LIT List of sources for your Harlem Renaissance project due.